- the name poliomyelitis means inflamation of the spinal cord.
- its a virus spread through fecal matter (fecal-oral transmission)
- 90% of cases are asymptomatic (!)
- only 1% of cases of Polio cause paralysis
I read an article recently, about Polio and its "erradication" supposedly due to vaccines, that was VERY interesting. If your parents grew up in the 50's like mine did then they will surely have some strong opinions about the Polio vaccine but there may be more to the story. This article sheds a different light, worth considering. Ill share a recap.
- The largest epidemic was in 1950. It had already begun to decline when the vaccine was introduced in 1955.
- Prior to 1954 diagnosis was made if paralysis was present longer than 24hrs. After 1955 the requirement was changed to paralysis lasting longer than 60 days!!!! All other cases were labaled as meningitis. "Polio" cases went down, but meningitis cases went up!
- Polio trends in the 1900's directly related to the use of DDT - a pesticide sprayed openly on pastures, parks, etc. (see graph here)
Info from Article on Polio from the Vacination Liberation site
Second article "Hiding Polio". An excerpt:
"Polio has not been eradicated by vaccination, it is lurking behind a
redefinition and new diagnostic names like viral or aseptic
meningitis.......According to one of the 1997 issues of the MMWR, there are some 30,000 to 50,000 cases of viral meningitis per year in the United States alone. That's where all those 30,000 - 50,000 cases of polio disappeared after the introduction of mass vaccination"---Viera Scheibner
This is definitely an intersting theory. To think they sprayed parks with DDT while children were playing at them (!!!!!!) is horrifying. I wouldnt be surprised at all if that was poisoning people. We all know what enviromental toxins can do to the body because we live in the autism era.
Another article on the possible causes of Polio, including the spraying of DDT. Flies were suspected of causing it which is why they sprayed and fields and fields of crops and animals with DDT :(
Polio is a VIRUS. Im gathering from reading all these articles that, like any viruses, it is more easily acquired if the person has poor hygeine, poor nutrition (coincides with trends to refine flour/sugar) or has a weakened immune system due to exposure to enviromental toxins (like DDT).
We tend to think of Polio as something that everyone is mangled by or dies from. But really the chances of being paralyzed are only 1-2% if you get it. It is basically erradicated in most industrialized countries like the US so the risk is low, low, low of contracting it.
My next post will be about the Polio vaccine itself, risks, etc.