Friday, April 13, 2007

The Great Hailstorm '07

Here are some pictures of the action we got this afternoon. It came out of nowhere and it was CRAZY. Ive never seen anything like it.

We were under a tornado watch and a tornado actually touched down really near us..... so we should have been taking shelter in the bathroom. But being the yuppy Californians that we are, we were standing at our storm door, mouths hanging open, just amazed by the amount of hail coming down.

Our cars are both dented all over!!!! Some were bigger than golf balls. It was coming down so quickly and heavily and the hail was hitting the ground so hard it bounced several feet in the air! Truly spectacular!

Here are some pictures:







and one of my sweetie, just for fun :

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is crazy, We didn't get much hail here, although the wind was really strong and blew our grill up the hill, along with our garbage cans, so we had garbage flying all over the backyard, Hubby and Garrett chased it all down.

Anonymous said...

wow, we've never seen anything like that here. I'm glad you are all ok.

Anonymous said...

That is amazing! We've yet to see such a hailstorm down here in our part of Texas, but as California transplants we'd also be standing at the window with our mouths hanging open :). I loved the story of your saga to get Jayna's social security card. I have days like that pretty much anytime I try to go somewhere :). I like all the healthy food tips. I started noticing labels when Carson had his allergies and I had to change my diet b/c I was breastfeeding him. I keep praying that we'll get a Whole Foods near us soon!
Kim (from Ovusoft)